Truck accidents are some of the most dangerous accidents you can be involved in. The injuries resulting from a truck accident are often catastrophic or even fatal. Additionally, the process of dealing with insurance companies can be long and difficult. After a truck accident you may find yourself bombarded with phone calls and requests from insurance companies. If you were involved in a truck accident, the best thing you can do is consult a truck accident lawyer as early in the process as possible.
Things to Keep in Mind When Dealing with Insurance Companies
- More than one insurance company may be involved. This is especially true if the accident involved multiple motor vehicles. If this is the case, the insurance company for each vehicle will be involved. Also, tractor-trailers often come with separate insurance, one for the trailer and one for the cab.
- Significant compensation may be available. Trucking companies usually purchase insurance policies with high limits. Even if the accident was minor, it can result in a major claim from the insurance company.
- Insurance companies may try to offer you a quick settlement. When an insurance adjuster contacts you to offer you a “fair” settlement, it may really mean that they want you to settle for less than you deserve for your injuries before you are able to consult with a lawyer. Before settling for anything, it is best to consult with an experienced truck accident lawyer.
- Insurance companies may try to delay the claims process. The goal of this is to get you to give up and accept the settlement that they are offering.
- A lot of evidence will need to be taken into consideration. After a truck accident, the trucking company will send investigators to the scene to collect as much information as they can.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Truck accident lawyers ensure that the accident is thoroughly reviewed. They also have the resources to access important evidence such as the truck driver’s log book as well as data from the company’s black box. Lawyers are also available to explain the process of filing a claim step-by-step to the victim or the family of the injured party.
Virginia Beach Truck Accident Lawyers Represent Victims Injured in a Truck Wreck
If you were injured in a truck accident, you do not have to face the insurance company alone. Contact a Virginia Beach truck accident lawyer to discuss your legal options. Attorneys at East Coast Trial Lawyers can help you through the process of filing a claim and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. For a free consultation, contact us online or call 757-352-2237 today. Located in Virginia Beach, we represent clients throughout Chesapeake, Eastern Shores, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk, Virginia as well as North Carolina and nationwide.