Life following a car accident can turn upside down. Complications can pile up quickly, especially if damages occur, injuries are sustained, or liability is hard to determine. There are other scenarios following a car accident where an injury may need rehabilitation or work is missed. It is important to protect yourself legally. Because of the many issues that can occur, it is always recommended to seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer.
Although you are not required to hire a lawyer following a wreck, having the assistance of a lawyer can help make the process easier for you. After a car accident, liability may be in question, insurance companies may refuse to pay for repairs or medical bills, or you may have to take extended time away from work. Not only will a lawyer know the law and what you are entitled to, they can also help protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve so you can focus on your recovery and health.
Other Situations That Call for a Lawyer’s Assistance
- If a police report inaccurately describes the events; or if there is a discrepancy on who is at fault
- If the other party in the accident hires a lawyer, or if you are contacted by an insurance company’s lawyer
- If the injuries are more than minor, like a concussion or broken leg, and require rehabilitation, or if you have to miss work. Also, if the accident was fatal or involved a pedestrian, cyclist or motorcyclist
- If you or the other driver did not have insurance, or the insurance companies are hesitant in any way to provide coverage for medical expenses or vehicle repairs
- If the other driver’s insurance company requests your medical records or medical history
- If the other insurance company offers to settle your claim
- If the insurance company denies payment for medical expenses, lost wages or vehicle repairs
Of course, there are other scenarios that may not require the help of a lawyer following a car accident. Minor fender-benders are typically simple to resolve, where there were no injuries or no vehicle damage, and you can normally settle the matter on your own. Often though, car accident cases involve much more than that, and you will need a lawyer on your side so you can focus on your health.
Virginia Beach Car Accident Attorneys Offer Knowledgeable Guidance for Injured Accident Victims
If you were seriously injured in a car accident, it can be hard to sort through life with insurance companies and rehabilitation, all the while trying to recover full and fair compensation for your injuries. Our Virginia Beach car accident attorneys at East Coast Trial Lawyers can help you get your life back together. We will fight on your behalf so you can focus on recovery and your health. Call East Coast Trial Lawyers today at 757-352-2237 or complete our online contact form for a free consultation. We assist injured accident victims in Chesapeake, Eastern Shores, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk from our offices in Virginia Beach.